Sunday, June 8, 2014

The poster project: choosing the image

Once I had decided upon the theme of the song, or the visions it conjured up, I set to realizing that image. From google I collected images of the city at night, highways and driving cars. Roxy Music is definitely pop, and the band has a sort of arms-wide-open emotionality. It is cosmopolitan, glamorous and stylized. I chose images that I thought were attractive and could be mined for both form and color. Below is my two selected images and two possible color schemes I drew from both.






After I chose the colors I experimented with drawing an image. I didn't want to the copy the images directly, I tried to simplify and focus the design. Below are my ideas for the bands of light and the lighted pedestrian bridge.



Afterwards, I started drawing purely abstract designs that had some of the same sort of energy. I am not sure yet whether I should incorporate these designs into the final poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment