Sunday, June 22, 2014

K&H: Folders, Stationary and More!

It was finally time to present our last project for the class and now I wonder how it went by so quickly. Along with past projects, we set up in the our studio room for an open house with other classes. Below is my little table with the collected good of Krater and Hohl. 

In total I made four different branded items: business cards, envelopes, a folder and an example of an invoice with letter head. I wanted to find diverse ways of presenting the company that stilled followed a consistent set of guidelines. By that I mean I wanted to make items that not only would look similar but also have an international corporate vibe and have something to do with holes. The folder and the business cards took the concept of holes more literally while the envelope and stationary are not as direct. Together I hope these objects give the idea of the mystical K&H brand.



This invoice has a hole graphic decoration inside of the colored boxy. I wanted it to
look a bit like that paper which you get paycheck on. Also you can see in the upper
right-hand corner that K&H is based in the beautiful tax have of the British Virgin Islands.

I considered doing a hole in the place address on the envelope, basically making
an address window. However, I chose not to. That approach seems simply like
the easy way out. I wanted a card that deal with negative space more subtly and
one that was playful within the confines of overwhelming corporate drabness. This
swoosh decoration is extremely bland and cliche -  but I hope self-consciously so.


This holes with the K, & and H were laser cut into the folder paper. The laser cutter
is great, I need to get one of my own.

Finally here are my letters from the much earlier text project. I laser cut Disclose out of a black card which worked very well. Although the kerning is not as precise as I would have hoped, I think they still good alright on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment