Sunday, June 15, 2014

Working on the Krater&Hohl


I have been working on the logo for Krater & Hohl. After some messing around with the brush tool (presented below) I decided that using a previously designed typeface would be the best option for both the letterhead logo and the full printed name. I am using Baker Signet Std, which only comes in one weight. I had wanted to use a transitional typeface that both had the solidity of the construction business element and the formality of the consultation part of the company. 

The one symbol that I decided to design was the ampersand. I wanted something smaller than the traditional symbol and would work with the rest of the typeface. Presented here are some earlier versions before I decided on the final form. 

As spent a while messing around with the symbol of a hole and how to integrate it with the name of the company. The last of the three may be the strongest choice.




Here are some tests of possible colors. I think that the grey/black and the yellow are the best choice. Although there may be a place for blue.....


I worked out three possible business cards using different versions of the logo. In the first and second card space was cut out to create a hole. Between the letters in the first card inside the white circle in the second card. 

The class felt that the second card, the yellow one, was the most successful. However, there still might be space for the smaller logo on other company elements. 



No comments:

Post a Comment